This is the first Spiritual SOAP post in the series.
In our class, we started in 3 Nephi 11 of the Book of Mormon, mainly because this is where Jesus comes and teaches his most basic doctrines of salvation.
“Gather, don’t Scatter”
Scripture: A large group of people gathered around the temple astonished about the great changes that had taken place in their surroundings (earthquakes, fires, many people dying, etc.)
- They gathered and weren’t scattered when destruction came
- They didn’t just gather anywhere. They gathered together at the temple
- As they gathered, they were open in their lack of knowledge but openly discussed their concerns as well.
- If we want to have strength, gather with fellow believers
- Gather at a place of worship. Examples of places of worship include: churches, homes of the faithful, the temple, etc.
- When we are gathered it is good to be open with one another and openly discuss our lack of knowledge, issues, and concerns. This is how we grow.
I pray that I will always remember to turn to God in times of need, but also that I will turn to God in the good times as well. I pray that He will lift me up and I will be able to have great associations with believers. I pray that my home will be a place where God’s Spirit can dwell and a refuge for my children and anyone else seeking the Lord.
What thoughts do you have when you apply Spiritual SOAP to this scripture?