In the most recent BYU Magazine edition, I saw something General Petraeus shared when he visited BYU a few months back. I’m not sure if he came up with this on his own, or if someone else wrote them, but I thought they were fun to share:
Petraeus’ Top 10 Reasons BYU Grads make Great Soldiers
10. They have already been on many a mission.
9. Army chow is no problem for folks accustomed to eating green Jell-O and shredded carrots.
8. It’s no problem if they don’t know what rank somebodyels is; they just refer to them as brother or sister.
7. They never go AWOL; they prefer to call it being less active.
6. They will seize any objective swiftly if you tell them refreshments will be served.
5. They know how to make things happen. IN fact, if you ever need a base built quickly in a barren wateland, you have only to stride out to where you want them to start, plant your walking staff firmly in the ground, and say with a loud voice, “This is the place!”
4. They have innovative ideas for handling insurgents, like assining them home teachers.
3. They always have a year’s supply of provisions on hand.
2. They are the worlds most reliable designated drivers.
1. They understand how far Iraq has come over the last seven years; in fact, they think that Iraq’s old spot in the “Axis of Evil” can now be filled by the University of Utah.